Now may be the time to convert to safe, affordable, and environmentally friendy natural gas heat
7 reasons to convert to a natural gas furnace
- Save money on heating costs; gas is cheaper than oil and it's more efficient.
- Though it can be expensive to convert to gas, several affordable oil to gas conversion options exist. In some cases it is possible to convert only your burner, thereby saving your existing furnace and potentially a great deal of money. If that is not a workable option, we carry several well-known furnace brands like Honeywell, Trane, Weil-McLain, American Standard, and Carrier.
- Gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel. It is much better for the environment than oil. In addition, gas furnaces don't produce ash and dust inside your home.
- Gas is stored remotely. Oil is usually stored in a tank inside your home.
- Gas is immediately delivered directly to your home, on demand, through a network of underground pipes. There is no need to wait for the oil delivery truck if you happen to run out of oil on a cold evening.
- You will save money because less time and money is required for maintenance and cleaning of your gas furnace.
- Over 95% of our natural gas supply comes directly from America.
Oil to gas burner replacement vs. new gas furnace installation
As mentioned above, some current oil furnaces have burners that can be converted to gas without the need to replace the entire furnace. This can save you money. This option is not possible with all furnaces. However, if you have a furnace that has a burner that can be converted, what is the best option? Here are some thoughts:
If you are able to replace your burner only, you will save money in the short term. In addition, you will be able to take advantage of a cleaner and cheaper fuel source. Your furnace, though, will be operating at less efficiency than a brand new gas furnace.
Brand new gas furnace installation
If you convert your entire oil burning furnace to a gas furnace, not only will you be taking advantage of clean, affordable gas, you can also be assured that you will have an efficient, new furnace that will give you years of dependable service.
Still undecided on whether or not to convert your oil furnace to gas?
- Oil is expensive and shows no signs of getting cheaper in the near future. By converting to gas, your heating and AC savings can be significant. Our technicians will be happy to give you a free evaluation, including the approximate amount of money you can save over the next heating season.
- Gas is much cleaner than oil. It produces much less carbon monoxide, and there is not soot and no ash to dirty your home.
Save money on the expensive annual maintenance required on your current oil furnace.
Give us a call to come out and give you an estimate, or request an appointment online!